Thursday, February 28, 2013

Loving

I have the best friends.  For years I've collected the funniest, most attractive, and [most importantly] most sincere people as those who I hold closest and most dear.  Any and all opportunity to make those bonds stronger and to just BE with these amazing individuals and loving groups is my ideal.  It's my reason for living.  Mostly because they are my reason for laughing or having and pursuing my passions.

I am lucky enough to have groups of friends for every occasion, and every location.  I have the dearest group of friends back in Ohio among whom we all grew together.  They knew me when I was most embarrassing and annoying, and vice versa.  And now we are adults with jobs and incomes and are realizing dreams of being rich and famous.

I have my NYU Family.  My friends from college who are my unconditional love source.  They are amazing, successful, and so unique.  They are mostly non-actor friends, and they provide an irreplaceable break from real life stresses of auditioning and self-marketing.  And they always think I'm funny.

I have my NYU acting friends.  To be in the acting community, you must have a strong support system of encouragement and relate-ability.  Also, artists/actors are the best people.  If you can stand on a stage [or kneel on a pillow] in front of a group of strangers and BE SOMEONE ELSE, you are an amazing, playful, creative, loving, giving person, and I want to be near you.

My broship with Remy is completely different.  Completely different in the way that it's somewhat the same and only slightly different.  I am pretty white bread of a person.  Growing up, I longed for a strong friendship with one other guy friend.  A broship, for sure.  And now I've had it.

February started out as the worst.  I couldn't wait for it to end because I knew it was going to be excessively cold and uncomfortably lazy, and vice versa.  Now, I wish it weren't over.  I haven't had enough time with these bros!!!

But as Remy and I are classy gentlebros, we have a few love letters to give to the characters of our month long dramedy:


Dear Jasper,

I guess there are worse things than people pleasers.

With umbrage,

The one who wouldn't pet you


Dear Tasha,

Thank you for trusting me with your space.  It's a sacred thing, one's room.  It's a safe haven.  A shelter from a storm.  A place to rest and reset.  Simply and fully, it's personal.

And so thank you for letting me pretend that I belonged in a place that was yours.  Thank you for trusting me with your roommates.  And most of all, thank you for leaving your necklaces on the wall to remind me to dress up, no matter the occasion.

Gratuitously,

Remy's blonde friend from school


Dear Rayne,

I so enjoyed your visit and our subwequent watching of Clue.  I was very charmed by your warmth and openness, your humor and helpfulness.  There is a reason you are Remy's best friend, and I'm glad to have gotten to experience it in such a comfortable place.

You can be an honorary bro.  Obvi.

Fondly,

Anthony


Dear Chris,

It's a magical thing when your roommate has a great self-confidence and a beautiful singing voice.  Not since I lived with my old roommate Stephen have I experienced such a combination (and even so, I often missed out on both with him as he was always on tour for world renown tap dancing competitions).

Thank you for your inspiring presence, and we forgive you for Jasper.

Fully,

Anthony




Dear Lauren,

When Remy and I told you we'd be living together, Im sure you were thrown on a whirlwind of emotions.  I'm certain you wanted to ask if you could sleep in the hall outside our door, just to feel our closeness.  Without any shadow of a doubt, you made scary-accurate finger puppets of us two bros to comfort you whenever you thought about our bropartment.

It was a true pleasure having you as our final brovisitor.  Thank you for sharing in our communion of barbecue, canolis, and monopoly.  Also, that funky dance move in which you indulged in the barbecue place, that caused such a ruckus, was the highlight of the night for all our fellow Harlem homies and homegirls.

You are a vision in red [and blue hat].

You are the original, the most, and the final ICON of the day!!!

Ride on, fancy horse.

Inevitably,

TWO BROS


Dear Matt,

When you moved in, it not only changed everything...no wait, thats enough to say.  Yeah.  It changed everything.

Two of us has to share the couch each evening.  Someone actually showed a slight interest in watching me save the princess.  Someone made the rest of us feel younger and more productive and less lazy and more energetic and less "eating all the time."

When Just Two Bros started, we already knew of the impending and infamous #3bros plot twist.  Yet, we didn't know what it would actually mean, how adding your personality and older years would impact our brochelor's pad.

It must be said that, in the two weeks that I've known you now, i have learned a GREAT DEAL about you.  It's a strange thing to have been in a social incubator for a short time, and to be exiting knowing too much to be explained by that time.  And yet, despite your advanced years, it's really felt like a bro-therhood.  You've embraced #3bros, and we've embraced you.

Simply:

Thank you for being old enough to buy us alcohol and to bring us the wisdom of many ages.

Irrefutably,

Anthony

P.S.: Invite me back often.  I still need to finish playing Zelda.


Dear Our Avid Readers,

You excite me.  I was never more encouraged to continue writing as when I heard that we had even one reader!

I had a great many hopes for this blog, and I achieved so few of them.  However, each post was such a massive success that I am overjoyed to have gotten to share my thoughts with you.

Hey.  People are real.  They have thoughts and feelings.  And they react to everything.  And they have fears and loves.  And they should be heard.  You've taught me that.  Thanks.

As always, to you, the most exciting Love, the most shocking Bitches, and the most flowering Inspiration,

TWO BROS


I have never been so disappointed to be leaving a home as I am now.  Yes, saying goodbye to my parents was a thing.  And yes, Glamercy was the nicest abode I've ever inhabited.  But I found a lifestyle and a true understanding with my bros in Harlem.  True comfort to be myself and true faculty to fully realize what that means.  The truth is, I've felt infinite in my possibilities here with Remy.  One of my favorite parts of our time together would be the lazy hour or two after a long day of werq or auditions [at one in the morning no less] where we would just talk.  Honestly.  Remy would suggest to play a game of some kind.  Role playing LOST characters.  Fantasizing and analyzing our ideal mates. Always: "YES, and..."  Especially without an audience.  We were all we needed this month.  We were the most deservéd audience.  And BOY did we hit it.  We were on FIRE with our jokes and conversations.  Home is where the heart is.  And I found out just how big a heart can grow.

And so:

Dear Remy,

Yes, and...

I'll be back, and...

This isn't the end of JUST TWO BROS.


1 comment: